Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Its been a long time, since ive got you on my mind, oowaahaaa

Its been a couple weeks since my last post and shall explain in great detail for my extended absence. Firstly something catastrophic has happened to my computer, the screen has cracked right down the middle.  Now I can only see one third of the screen which makes using it frustrating, beyond normal frustration and computers.  Secondly, I have been very very busy doing lots of traveling and partying, so sitting down to write a blog has slipped my mind.  Anyways let me try to review some of the more major events that have occurred recently. A couple weekends ago, I went to Haifa with Josh and stayed with his family for Rosh Hashana (the Jewish new years)  That was a really great experience, we partied at the bars everynight, found some dudes who just got back from Amsterdam and they helped us apprehend the good shit, chilled on the beach, and ate some amazzing food. His family was so nice and welcoming, and lots of them were there.  There  back porch overlooks a valley leading to the Mediterranean sea, so I chilled out there quite often.  One of his cousins is an Oxford graduate and got a Ph.d in ANARCHY. How cool is that? well you can imagine how interesting of a guy he was.  So after that relaxing weekend, we came back to quite a mess.
Let me tell you all right now, Ryan Venn is a saint! One day before I went to Haifa, Ryan and a bunch of people were doing some harmless? day drinking when Ryan decided it would be a good idea to bush dive out of a window. Well it ended with him knocked out cold with his head in between two rocks. He was dead... Im just kidding, but he was concuss and had to go to the hospital.  Well when me and Josh got back from Haifa I found out that both Ryan and Chanel had been KICKED out of the kibbutz and were both gone.  This lead to some serious investigating, and the story goes like this.  Rosh Hashona led everyone to go absolutely wild the whole weekend, which was a longer one then normal.  So one night, after pub, Chanel decides to steal this golf cart looking thing that all the old members of the Kibbutz use and drove around eventually going to the dining hall for a late night snack.  Ryan saw her and jumped into the cart but left before she got to dining. The cart ends up breaking down, and security comes to find Chanel.  They come on bikes, and during the investigating, someone took their bikes and rode away! Good stuff, I know.  During this time Ryan took a statue of a man at dining, like one of those Italian men holding signs, went back to volunteers with it and passed out in the bushes with it.  Our volunteer leader found him like that and was a little upset.  So the next morning, Ryan being a gentlemen informed the vol. leader that he was a part of the trouble hoping to help out Chanel and he got kicked out of here.  I didn't get to say goodbye to either of them which was very sad. Well the tensions have been high here ever since. So high that both my buddy David and my roomate Josh have been kicked out as well! Josh got kicked out because he has a deep hate for this place and decided he no longer wanted to listen to them anymore, and David because he was too chill for them and couldnt make it to work at 6 fucking 30 every morning. So spirits have hit some lows at this place, and its basically a voluntter uprising against our superiors. They even closed down the bomb shelter so now we just party outside.
One night I showed everyone beirut and relay, and they all had soo much fun. It was good night.
I have gained quite a bit of weight since coming here, the food is very unhealthy and after a long day of work you eat lots and lots of it.  One thing im excited to come home to is a proper gym, creatine, and getting yoked lol.
This past weekend I went to Tel Aviv which was one of the best weekends of my life.  A bunch of us went there on a bus and got an apartment.  The apartment was amazing and we partied constantly in it.  The first night we got the stuff, and the good stuff. Using both of them we got trashed in our apartment dancing around blasting music, then we went out on the town.  Went to an area known as the port, it was very very crowded, lines at every club and chaos all around us.  We decided to head back, and I was so drunk I fell right asleep.  The next morning we woke up, continued partying and went to the beach.  There we brought music, food nd more alcohol, and chilled on the beach all day.  It was marvelous. We then went back to the apartment and chilled out until David and Leron who are both former members who have been kicked out.  That was alot of fun and we again partied hard in the apartment.  The good stuff got to a lot of people so Me Ben and Signa went out on the town again.  We ended up going to a club, Cats and Dogs.  It was a challenge getting in but we managed.  Once inside it was quite intense, so many people and loud music I was a bit overwhelmed.  I danced a little and had to go to the bathroom when something quite bizarre happened.  When I was in the bathroom and waiting, all the sudden my lungs started to burn and I could no longer breathe, everyone around me started to cough and gasp for air.  In a panic we all shoved our way out of the bathroom and decided there was a terrorist mustard gas attack, but that wasnt going to stop us LOL. We went back out and started to dance, we danced all night and when I could no longer dance I left the club alone. Yeah I was fucked up.  When I emerged the sun was up, which I hate. I got a cab, went back, the apartment was still with bodies everywhere, I found a nice spot on the bed and fell asleep.  Next morning we woke up and had to leave the apartment, we thought we had gotten another but this was not the case. So we all went to a great hostel, Hayarcon 48, right in the center of town near the beach.  We got an entire room for us, and settled in.  That day another 10 or so volunteers came to meet us, including Ryan who I had not seen in a while.  it was great, there was almost 20 volunteers all in the same place. That day, me, Ben and Jono met an American from Denver who told us of some crazy wilderness parties.  He told us of one that night and gave us the invite.  We decided thats what we were doing no matter what. So while all the volunteers partied on the roof and went out me, Ben, Jason and the Denver dude took a cab to some random field near the beach. We got robbed by the cabi what were fine because we were about to rave and have an awesome time.  We had to walk a long path, and as we did our anticipation grew, we could see lights and hear music.  When we arrived we were horrified to see that the party was more like a club and not a rave.  There were walls surrounding it. We were annoyed at this but went inside.  Once inside the shit hit the fan, this was just a normal club party and nothing more. We walked around looking for some extra special stuff but to no avail. We all sat and sulked at our failure of a night.  In our delirious state we wandered around and lit up as much as we could.  I was laughing so much at how sad we were.  When time came we left and walked 15 kilometers on a highway! it was the worst thing I have ever done, we had no water or food, and I thought I was going to die.  We went to a gas station, got some food, and got a cab home. We were dead, it was 7 in the morning and it was the worst night of my life. A night to remember for all the wrong reasons, we decided this guy from Denver is a curse and we named him "the fuck". Me and Ben were so exhausted that when everyone else left the hostel for check out we just kept sleeping. We woke up late, and went to the roof and sat there for hours smoking and pondering our night. We then went on a journey for food walking far and wide, and then deciding to eat at the place next to the hostel, another fail. Then we went to the beach to look for everyone but we found no one, we left and then suddenly I spotted them getting ready to leave.  We all ate together and me and Ben decided we were going to stay with Ryan who was leaving later for his other Kibbutz, and Lena who was going home the next day.  We ended up chilling on the beach us 4, getting some food, and hanging out on the roof for the rest of the day.  We used the hostel as if we were still paying guests. We said our goodbyes and me Ben and ryan got a bus to central bus station, we drank wine and beer on the way.  It was a good time.  We then had to rush to catch our bus and said goodbye to Ryan.  We had no idea what we were doing, Ben had crumpled up notes in his pocket on how to get back.  We got off at a junction and had to wait a little while.  We chilled and rolled up and right when we were done a little kitty came out of nowhere and started to play with us.  It was the coolest kitten ever. Ben and I decided we were going to keep him and named him spliff. He was so fun and playful. When the bus came though he freaked out so we said goodbye and got on. You will be missed spliff :(  On the bus me and Ben drank some beer, watched the Inbetweeners, a British show which is bloody brilliant. and Talked the whole way home. We got off at the nearest junction to Baram at about 1130. We spent an hour and a half at that spot trying to hitchhike when finally a sketchy group of 3 guys offered us a ride.  They legit looked like terrorist.  But we were desperate.  The whole ride I had my hand on the door handle ready to jump at any moment.  But they were cool and brought us near the kibbutz, a 45 minute walk. We started to walk, and it went on forever and ever, it was pitch black out. Then a kibbutz member drove by and brought us the rest of the way.  We were finally back, so I went into my room to find a new roomate, Shimone from England had taken the place of Josh. So that's my story of Tel Aviv.
Lets see what else has happened...
O i got fired from dining for refusing to do dishes, so now I am in apples, and I realize my mistake. Some new volunteers have come, and others have gone.  I guess its the way things are here.
I have been here for almost 1.5 months which blows my mind.
I miss home and my sexy girl.
Well thats enough for now, anyone that gets to this end I'm proud of your attention span.
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment