Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2011

Drink, Wake Up, Ouuuch

I have experienced my first volunteer group trip.  It was fun, but I drank heavily the night before, so not that fun.  The night before was a fancy themed party and everyone looked really nice.  It was also a goodbye party for Camilo, Charlotte, and Sebille, which somewhat dampened the fun, but also got everyone to go all out.  People went around with water guns filled with tequila and squirted it in people's mouths, I got some in my ear (i heard any hole works) Anyways, yeah, it was a shit show and a ton of fun and I don't think I got into bed until 5 in the morning. 
Then suddenly! I was awoken from my deep drunken slumber to both my roommates.  We were leaving at 8 for Akko and Rosh Hanikra and we had to get breakfast.  I hung on to my bed for dearlife as they pulled at my legs to get up.  Eventually I realized I had come here to travel, not to sleep in hungover, so I got up and went to breakfast with them.  Its always fun to see everyone the next night after going "large" as the South Africans call it.  We all ate and got in the bus.  I wore pants for some reason, probably because I was still drunk and had no idea what kind of mistake I had made putting them on.  I fell asleep on the bus ride and woke up when we arrived at Baha'i gardens, and no not the ones I went to in Haifa.  These are different and house the remains of the religions founder.  We all went inside the building with his remains and one of the security guards told us to be quiet when we went inside.  But whenever someone tells me that I have to be quiet I always get the urge to laugh and it started coming out while everyone was in silence. Once we got outside I had a hysterical laughing attack, I actually thought I was going to die of suffocation.  I was triple D at this poing (delirious, dehydrated, and drunk).  We then got back on the bus and I fell right back asleep.
We arrived to Akko and had some lunch before we started exploring.  The city is very beautiful and very old.  We were right near a port that was very lively.  We all went down into some tunnels dug during the Crusades, due to my delirium me and Roie (my roomate) were being complete idiots and laughing at everything.  Everyone got annoyed but that just got me going even more.  We explored for quite some time and then we reached a marketplace.  It was very cool and typical of a middle eastern market. It smelled of fish and had so many old school things.  I got ice cream, mmmm ice cream.  We then chilled by the harbor and some people went swimming, I couldn't because I wore pants :(  We then got on the bus and.... I fell asleep.  I was now exhausted, going on 2 hours of sleep, disgustingly sweaty, and hung over.
We arrived at Rosh Hanikra, a cliff against the Mediterranean Sea that has famous grottoes carved out of them.  We took a cable car down the side of the cliff and came upon a cave opening.  We went inside and marveled at water splashing around.  It was humid and quite miserable, but hey, lots of people go there so yay! Then we went into a movie theater carved into the cliff side, it was cold in there so I was very pleased, but the movie itself was corny.  "You might hear the missing brides calls with the waves"... No way, Fuck you.  We were right next to the border of Lebanon, you could see markers out in the water and they said if you swim past them they come by and shoot you, so I guess no swimming for me.
We all got on the bus and went home. Josh says hi.
That was on Saturday, today is Monday.
Today I explored the Kibbutz.  I went to the Museum with Roie, we sprinted through it.  Then we went to the farm/zoo.  Goats, lots of birds, and a car, Woohoo!  Then I had a emotional breakdown and started scheming how I was going to leave this place and backpack around Europe.  Then I chilled out and became happy again.  I signed up for couchsurfing.com, what a great idea, will try to use it when I get the chance.  I climbed a watchtower on the perimeter of the kibbutz, it was not that exciting.  Then went to the pool and lost in backgammon without getting a piece off the board. Yeah, that's my day...
I think I am manic depressive.
Love you all soOoO much!
Vip club

I see you

the Bus!

Please let me sleep for the love of god!

Golf anyone?

No shoes, no laughing, no THINKING!

It smells bad

Man cave, three brosketeers, three stoges

cool motha fuckin cat

whoahhh

Shwarma mama

sybil and tea and a huuuuuge hookah, and a funny hat

Whos ready for a ride?

ooooo, ahhhhh, whooaaa, wooooow.... im hungry

water in cave, famous

dramatic pose that I asked for and am completely aware of

1 comment: