Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

hellz kitchen

Today I woke up at 5:15 to be at work by 6.  For those who have known me long enough, they know how much I love sleep, so be impressed.  It was my first day in the dining hall.  Clare lives in the room across the hall, she also works in dining, and at 5:45 i went to her room to see if she was ready to go.  She was sleeping, she looked at her phone and it said it was 4:45, she got very mad and told me to go back to my room and go to sleep.  I felt like a fool, I went back to my room and Isaac confirmed with my that it was indeed, 5:45. So i went back to Clares room and said once again that it is 5:45 so she went a checked a different clock and came to realize I was correct.  So she got ready and we walked over to work, it was still dark out.
I helped set up the dining room for breakfast, moving things around, setting up some of the dishes, etc.  It was not that bad.  Got a couple of breaks throughout the day.  In the afternoon I became a dishwasher.  That was HELL.  Endless dishes coming at me on a conveyor belt. After being a bus boy at Legends, I vowed to never work in food again... well that didn't last very long.  Well I survived, I feel somewhat delirious from the whole experience, but I have to go back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next... So goes life.
I think I might learn some spanish while I am here.  There is a whole group from Colombia and they speak it all the time.  The problem is I cant roll my r's so I sound like a stupid "american".
Alot of people that work with my mom keep coming up to me and asking how I am doing.  It's nice, they have invited me to dinner and been very welcoming.
Would it be weird if I don't drink on my 21st birthday?
Anyways I am going to workout and chill by the pool, I want to get in shape while I am here.  Since we have so much downtime here, I should make an effort to partake in some self improvement.
Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment