Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

I HATE APPLES

Larger font, easy on the eyes, I know... I'm too kind.
Today is Friday September 9 and I had my first day of work.  The shift started at 6 in the morning but I fell asleep at 8 last night so I was wide awake.  I had heard from many of the volunteers that this was a dreadful dreadful job and I would hate it very much.  The job that all new comers get is apple packing.  We stand in a factory assembly line and sort through apples.  Its very easy but unbelievably monotonous and boring.  I ended up standing next to a guy named Ben from Manchester England.  Very nice guy, filled with good stories, so that made time go by.  We had a breakfast break lol, and we were done by 12 in the afternoon.  I can say that I sorted through thousands and thousands of apples today and I never want to see one again.  Although I shall see many more on Sunday.  
My beard was getting very long, everyone was saying I look like an Arab.... so I trimmed it.
Tonight is going to be a very fun night, first there is a Sabbath dinner with wine and good food, then after that there is a hippie themed party in the bomb shelter outside our building (yes there is a bomb shelter, we are literally 300 meters <-- (metric system so much better) from Lebanon and from time to time they shoot things and throw rocks at us) Then after that there is more partying at the bar.  So I plan on being filled with alcohol and happiness tonight.  
I am getting much more comfortable here, finally beginning to learn everyone's names. 
It has been very difficult being away from my baby girl Stefania.  We spent a magical summer doing everything together, and not getting to see, touch, smell, laugh, and fight with here is something I will have to get used to.  The time difference makes it very difficult to talk to each other, but when we do my imagination runs wild.  5000 miles and my love is as strong as ever for her, I will enjoy this trip as much as I can, but I cannot wait to come home and pull her into my arms. 
I miss everyone at home especially my mom dad and sister, I'm sure they are enjoying the quiet time but undoubtedly they will get bored of it and crave my presence.  Keep the couch warm for me.
I am bonding strongly with everyone here, we can all talk about how much we hate apples.

No comments:

Post a Comment