Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

First full day

Today was a good day, except that I was so tired, jet lag is a bitch.  In the morning I had a meeting with the volunteer coordinator, there she laid down the rules of the land.  I had to give her 200 shekels which is about 60 US dollars for a deposit if I get kicked out of here for bad behavior ;) . Either way she put me in the system and gave me a blank white card.  With this card I can get food, beer at the bar, and basically anything I need from a small store located in the kibbutz.  I noticed someone sitting behind me and my roommate during the meeting and when we were about to leave I was informed he was my other roommate from Holland.  I cant remember or pronounce his real name so he told me to call him Isaac.  He is very very funny and sarcastic.  It's funny to see Johan and him argue.  So after the meeting all three of us decided to take a bus to Zefet to get some money and some liquor which we cannot get on the kibbutz.  The city was amazing and very old.  We wandered for a little a little while until I found a bank, there I withdrew some money and then we went to a liquor store.  We bought three bottles of cheap ass vodka.  We ended up missing our return bus so we got a cab.    We told that to a woman who lives on the Kibbutz and she said we must be rich, that made us laugh but also wonder what kind of lives these people live.  I am happy I got to see some of the land and a town, it is the real reason I am here, to travel and experience different places.  I want to trim my beard because I'm starling to look like an Arab but there is no outlet in the bathroom.  Prepare for Osama Ben Lerden when I get back. For the rest of the day I end up hunging out, got a couple meals in, played some guitar with some of the volunteers, and now I'm in bed so tired.  Goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment